Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Randon Rambling

I used t0 be a total sugar head. I loved any and everything sweet. Cakes, cookies, pies, yum . When I found out being pre diabetic I knew that I had to drastically cut down on sugar. I try not to have processed and refined sugar. I didn't miss sweets at first . I totally craved carbs. Pasta, bread, rice. I love, love , love rice and bread. So I figured since I wasn't craving sweets just carbs it would be okay for me to bake something( cause I love to bake just as much as I love sweets) . I make cake balls but I cut them using a star cookie cutter and called them cake bites. You bake a cake, crumble it all up, mix it with frosting, shape into little balls and then dip it in candy melts.

Well I baked a funfetti cake and used vanilla frosting and I got the white candy melts. I figured the candy melts would be gross and not taste like white chocolate , well I was wrong. They were absolutely delicious and the candy melts just added to the sweet sugary goodness. I ate 6 of them today . I don't even want to know the amount of sugar and carbs in them.

On a good note, I am not raving carbs so much anymore. One thing I eat when I am craving carbs is Quaker Quakes rice snacks. It's not the same as eating Chee-tos( yum, Chee-tos) but it satisfies me.

************************************************************************************

I hate the Twilight books . I read the first one and thought it was poorly written. I saw New Moon at Sam's Club( my second favorite store by the way) and got it for my daughter. I tried to read it and could not get past the first chapter. I think that the audience is 13-17 year old girls and not 34 year old women so that is probably why I don;t like it. Well I saw the preview of the movie New Moon and I kinda want to see it. There I said it now you all know my secret shame.

Am I the only person who reads the end of the book first? I will read the ending even if I don't
know who the characters are or anything. It doesn't spoil the excitement for me when I finally get to the end and I already know what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment